Wednesday 15 January 2014

Never Too Old To Learn....

I had to laugh last night. I was chatting to our dear John, now 91 years young, and he was thrilled to inform me that his new slow-cooker had just been delivered.

He had never had one before, but thought it would be a good idea to learn to use one, and I have been busy unearthing recipe books for him to try out. I only hope that when I am 91, I am as keen to learn, to experiment and to be brave enough to try new things, as he is.

 His enthusiasm, optimism and youthful delight are a constant inspiration to me :-)

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

that's lovely!

margaret said...

The slow-cooker cookbook you sent me has a recipe for black forest gateau... I can type it out for him :)

Louise said...

I hope he's having a fantastic time trying out new recipes! Please let us know how he's getting on with his slow cooker :)