Friday 21 February 2014

Meeting The New Doctor Who

 I had heard on the grapevine that the BBC were filming part of an episode of Doctor Who in our town, and it was too good an opportunity to miss. On Tuesday, the weather was much better, so The Hubster and I picked up the girls after school, determined to pay a visit and see if we would be lucky enough to spot anyone famous.

We were! Normally, DD4 is out late on Tuesdays due to a Games lesson which always finishes late (and then she has to get changed) but today, the lesson was cancelled and both of them were out of school dead on time, so we drove straight up to where the filming was taking place.

Being as blind as a bat, and not wearing my glasses,  I did not spot the new Doctor Who, Peter Capaldi, in the midst of a small crowd, but The Hubster did, turfing us out of the car in short order while he dashed off to park the car. Luckily, I had my camera in my pocket and our quick-witted DD3 grabbed a pen and some sheets of paper in case we were lucky enough to speak to The Man.



We gradually edged our way closer to the front.....



and closer still..... one of the crew was encouraging Peter Capaldi to go back indoors as they were needed, but I asked him would he mind giving my girls autographs, and he very kindly agreed to do so! 




They were each given an autograph, and then he asked if they would like a photograph to be taken too, which was wonderful. For privacy's sake I am not posting those shots here.




The Tardis was under a sturdy tarpaulin to protect it from our very variable weather this week.



Some of the many production vehicles parked around the site.








                                               We still cannot believe our luck :-)

1 comment:

DebD said...

wow--- too cool for words! Love Peter Capaldi, even before he landed this part.