Wednesday 16 April 2014

Currently Watching

... Ben Hur on DVD. One of my beloved films of childhood, I bought a very reasonably priced DVD a few years ago and decided today that it would be the perfect accompaniment to tacking a veritable mountain of ironing which I had been studiously ignoring for the last few days.

Our very clement weather has been perfect for doing laundry; I love washing and hanging the clothes out to dry, but the ironing is slightly less fun, I must say, and tends to need a good DVD  to take my mind off it! I had forgotten just how good Ben Hur is, and am thoroughly enjoying re-acquainting myself with it. I have just reached the opening part of the famous Chariot Race.



I also found a copy of Charlton Heston's autobiography in my local charity shop for 80 pence, and very much look forward to reaching the part where he talks about filming Ben Hur.

No comments: