Tuesday 29 July 2014

A Tale Of Woe



This is my poorly cooker. 
After 13 years of sterling service, the door latch on the fan oven gave up the ghost. 
Given the age of the cooker, sourcing a replacement part proved to be an exceedingly difficult task, 
one which took me a whole morning of phone calls. 
Eventually, I found a supplier who could get the part and would post it to me. 
That was the Good News.

The Bad News was that it would take a whole week to arrive.
It was a very long week, given how much I use my fan oven. 
(The left oven is a roasting oven and is hopeless at cooking pizzas, bread, cakes, pastries etc.)

Today, in the midst of utter mayhem, the part arrived 
and my DH  used his ninja skills to strip the whole oven door down to component bits,
 replace the door latch mechanism and rebuild the oven door
 before fixing it back on to the oven frame.


Ta-da!! The oven LIVES!!!


3 comments:

elizabeth said...

oh how wonderful! looks great too! :)

Laura said...

That is really cool! I love happy endings...

margaret said...

That is a REAL Babushka's stove!